Friday, November 11, 2011

Back At Last, and More!

I am such a Bad Blog Mommy!  My poor little digital baby has been neglected and unfed.  Here I have been traipsing around the Southwest, Northwest, and Midwest since August, doing writerly things, having a blast, and not a word out of my ThunderMouth.  Such a mushroom, I have been.

Well, one thing I can announce right now: My 2006 short story, "Armistice Night," is being serialized at Electron Pencil, a new blog set up by my pal Big Mike - Michael Glab, that is.  Big Mike followed his Loved One from Chicago down to the Lap of the Goddess, the Knee Dimple of the Dharma, the Suprasternal Notch of Jesus - Bloomington, Indiana.  SoCent, as Big Mike calls South Central Indiana.

Big Mike is a dab hand at the daily rant.  He is also a major character, and in just a couple of short years has gotten acquainted with the movers & steamers here in B-Town.  Electron Pencil aims to illuminate the quality of creative juice that drives us here in SoCent.  (We tend to like activities that go around in circles: Roller Derby, go-cart racing, Little 500 bike race, circumambulating the Courthouse square looking at art galleries on First Friday, etc.)

One of my favorite Big Mike moments was listening to him give a play-by-play account of a juggler's act, on the radio.  He had done his homework, like any good sports announcer, and he mentioned the juggler's YouTube presence.  I called up YouTube and was able to watch the juggler's act online as Mike described it on the air.

So check out Electron Pencil for a daily dose of Big Mike -- and the next serial installment of "Armistice Night"!

No comments:

Post a Comment