Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Making an Entrance

Step onto the stage, step into the circle, step into a new life. I have been remembering lately how during my childhood, adolescence and young adulthood my bursts of honest and exuberant self-expression were stamped out, brushed aside, or ridiculed. I think two things have happened in the evolution from then to now; one is that I have developed the skill of listening first, strategizing my expression based on compassion for not only the immediate moment, but for what can arise from the immediate moment. I suppose you could call this extending my desire for self-expression to involve matters beyond my self-interest.

The second thing that seems to have happened is a huge change in other people -- what are they eager to hear? What interests them about life and its possibilities? A convergence is at hand: my ability to shape my expression, and a general interest in what I have to say.

Of course I must earn that interest. But this is a spotlight, a circle upon the stage. I am ready to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment