Friday, June 18, 2010

Trotting Arguments

I'm going to have to start saving the captcha nonsense phrases used online to make sure a user is human. I got the title of this post from one. Spam robot e-mails used to generate the most sublime dada haikus with their subject lines. I wish my file of those baffling gems had survived the move from desktop to laptop.

My friend Narges has taken to posting wonderful quotes as her Facebook status updates. Today's quote was so good, I had to do it the honor of straight-up theft (with attibution):

“The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.”
Tom Bodett

Google will tell me who Tom Bodett is. I like to imagine I can run into him at Wee Willie's, brunching on steak, eggs, and gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment